Friday, November 14, 2008

Chris George Speaking on the War of 1812 tonight in New York City





Friday evening talk
November 14, 2008
7 pm to 9 pm

Scottish, Scots Irish, Irish, African Americans and Jews in the Battle of Baltimore, September 1814

Christopher T. George, The War of 1812 Symposium

Room 6-495
CUNY Graduate Center
Fifth Avenue at 34th Street
New York City



I will be in New York City Friday and Saturday. Starting on Friday morning, I will be taken around New York City by NYMAS members in a silver Lincoln, no less, to see sites associated with the NYC area Revolutionary War battles. The reason I am doing this, in addition to interest in the events of that time, ins that is has some relevance to the talk I will be giving, in that the first slide I will show in the Powerpoint presentation I will give relates to a British soldier who was involved in events both in New York in 1776 and later in Baltimore in 1814. Full details to be revealed tonight.

No comments: